Sometimes, making decisions about healthy dog food can seem difficult, especially in a situation where the market is flooded with pet food brands that claim to be the best solution for both family and pets. The first decision you may want to consider is opting for natural dog food for your pet, as this will help you to narrow down to dog food ingredients that do no harm to your beloved pet.
Even after making this decision, you will find that providing the right nutritional requirements for your dog is not as easy as dashing off to the nearest pet store and purchasing the best dog food they can offer you. It will be a process of transition into a new way of life.
Why pick natural dog food?
Natural dog food is healthier. This is the simple truth. It has no artificial additives like color, unnatural flavor, preservatives or other fillers.
First steps towards making the right choice
When deciding what the best dog food for your pet is, you should also bear in mind that dogs have different dietary requirements at all life stages. What they eat also depends on the age, size and type of dog. However, every dog needs a balanced diet.
To help you in this process you can do the following:
- Learn about the dietary requirements of your dog throughout the different stages of life to determine its dietary requirements as a puppy, adult or senior dog.
- Inform yourself about the different types of natural dog food which often come packaged either as dry dog food or canned dog food.
- Find out the advantages and disadvantages of feeding your dog dry dog food instead of raw food.
- Find out which pet food brands provide dog food and consult your veterinarian to decide which brands have the best dog food for your pet.
- Include the cost of your dog’s food into your weekly or monthly budget.
- Purchase dog foods from the pet food brands which only produce natural and healthy dog food.
Dry dog food vs. canned dog food: Which is better?
You may be conflicted about on whether to purchase dry dog food or canned dog food. To help you in making this decision, it may be helpful to discuss with your veterinarian about the nutrient content of each. Also, you could consider the following points and see what is more important for you and your pet.
- Dry dog foods are generally easier to store, measure and serve to your dog.
- Dry dog foods strengthen your dog’s teeth and make the stool more firm.
- Dry dog foods are economical; you will spend less on feeding your dog.
- The best kind of dry dog food will contain all the necessary nutrients for your dog.
Below is a list of pet food brands which have produced some of the best dog foods and which could just be the right step forward for both family and pets.
1. It is a canned dog food which is high in proteins and digestible fats.
Innova EVO Turkey and Chicken formula
- It is a dry dog food with a turkey and chicken flavor which also comes as a small bites food.
- It is grain free and very high in meat-based protein which makes it tasty for dogs
- It has naturally occurring microorganisms and Omega-3 fatty acids in this food which make it easy to absorb
- The protein contained in Evo Turkey and Chicken helps to strengthen your pet’s bones and muscles.
EVO 95% Chicken & Turkey
- This is a canned dog food.
- Just like in Evo Turkey and Chicken formula, the top ingredients in this chicken and turkey concentrated food are meat-based proteins, linoleic acid and omega- fatty acids.
- It is fortified with vitamins and minerals.
- For all lifes stages , Iams Healthy Naturals innovations provide a range of top quality natural dog food for all life stages of your dogs that is puppy, adult and mature.
- The dry dog food ingredients that commonly feature in Iams Healthy Naturals innovative products are real chicken, wholesome grains, vegetables and fruits.
- They also have a high concentration of antioxidants and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- This is another type of healthy dog food that does features top ingredients such as duck, chicken meal and turkey meal, sweet potatoes and potatoes, blueberries, cranberries and carrots.
- It is a delicious wilderness duck recipe, high in protein and antioxidants.
- This is a sensible alternative to raw diets and is suited to active outdoor dogs.
- It is an all natural dry dog food formula with high protein provided by the top ingredients, which as the name suggests, are chicken, turkey, lamb and fish.
- This formula has linoleic acid, omega-3 fatty acids, wholesome brown rice, micro-organisms and essential vitamins, amino acids and minerals.
- Like the wilderness duck recipe, Canidae Chicken, Turkey, Lamb and Fish All Life Stages has a combination of amazing dog food ingredients that make this a holistic and well loved natural dog food by both family and pets.
Make the transition now
Now you have the options of natural dog food that will help you to provide a nutritious diet that keeps your dog healthy and happy. After all, how else can you ensure that your treasured pet remains your best companion?